Thursday, June 25, 2009

Piano Keyboard Lessons at 45!!

piano keyboard lessons In a previous post I mentioned I am living one of my dreams by taking piano keyboard lessons, and I am going to post on my progress every so often. It is kinda funny that I went right back to the being nervous around the teacher thing.

I've been at the piano keyboard lessons for approximately 1 month thus far, and Chris, my teacher stated it helps that I have played instruments in my past and have a working knowledge of the piano. He said playing an instrument is like riding a bicycle.piano keyboard lessons

Yeah right, I'm not so sure I could even get my mouth right to play a tenor saxaphone again (that was my instrument through high school).

I am very critical of myself, and don't feel I am doing well yet at the piano piano keyboard lessonskeyboard lessons, but Chris said I'm doing ok. I am having to learn how to read music all over again. See what happens when your almost 45, memories don't come back so easy.

I would never have thought I would be nervous around Chris, who is also a friend, but when I am at my lessons I get all discombobulated (my own word, I know, not proper english). It is almost bringing back memories from when I was a student in high school.

When I practice here at home, I think I am doing ok, then when it is lesson time I flub. I am learning to play simple songs like Jesus Loves Me, and God is so Good. Doing the melodies only I can do ok, but then add the harmony and hmm, well, my left hand does not want to be doing something different than my right hand it seems.piano keyboard lessons

I am learning 'fingercizes' to build up the strength in my fingers, and to get my left hand to cooperate. Getting my left hand to work it getting easier as I do these 'fingercizes', and I am not looking at the piano keyboard as much.

Chris has told me it does get easier with practice, so I am off to practice the piano keyboard lesson I had last night.

piano keyboard lessons

Have a wonderful day!



My name is Tricia Graft and I hope you've enjoyed this article. I am a skin care consultant for L'Bri Pure n' Natural, a lover of music, and blogger. I love to share information on how to live healthy, work from home, save money, and take excellent care of your skin.