Monday, March 2, 2009

Create your "I Story"

lbri
So you have decided to become a L'Bri Independent Beauty Consultant, what do you do now? There are many things you can do to help your new business grow, one of which is to write out your "I Story".

Your "I Story" will help you to make a connection with your customers and personalize the L'Bri experience for each person in attendance at a show. Your "I Story" will give show attendees the opportunity to understand how and why you decided to become a L'Bri Consultant.

Having a strong "I Story will help you direct sales opportunity

  • sell product
  • book shows
  • sponsor new consultants
  • get your guests excited about L'Bri and what it has to offer them

Writing out your "I Story" provides a document for you to study, which gives your story credibility as you tell it. The more familiar you are with your own story, the more comfortable and enthusiastic you will be when telling it. You won't ramble on and on because you are prepared.

Memorizing your story will ensure that you mention all the critical points, without missing anything. Review your "I Story" with your sponsor, Tricia Graft and upline manager for help and suggestions.

Four Points to Cover

  1. How were you introduced to L'Bri
  2. Your own personal testimonial about the productlbri
  3. Why you decided to become a consultant and what you plan to do with the monies earned
  4. Your invitation to your guests to look at the L'Bri opportunity for themselves. Help them to see how they would benefit from joining your team?


Step-by-Step Guide to Writing Your "I Story"

Here is a step-by-step guide to writing a compelling "I Story". Remember the goal of your story is to get your guests excited about L'Bri products, hosting shows, and the opportunities that are available to them as a L'Bri Consultant.

Your story must be both brief and interesting. Too much detail will just bore your audience. Your story should illustrate how your guest can achieve success with L'Bri as you, and other consultants like you have, in situations similiar to theirs such as stay-at-home moms, retirees and women who work full-time jobs.

Step 1 - Explain how you were introduced to L'Bri

Example: "A friend invited me to a L'Bri Show a few months ago, and at the Show, I had so much fun and learned a lot about my skin and the skin care I was using! I couldn't believe how great my skin felt and how much better it looked after just one application!"

"I decided to book a show myself because I wanted to share this discovery with some of my friends, and of course, I also wanted the opportunity to receive some free L'Bri products!"

Step 2 - Your Personal Product Testimonial

If your skin was dry and flakey, talk about how soft and smooth your skin feels now. Talk about how the fine lines have dissappeared and your skin doesn't flake anymore.

direct sales opportunityBe sure to paint a picture for your listeners with descriptive adjectives such as soft, smooth, supple, firm, and radiant.

You will also want to include testimonials from someone who had oily skin, and combination skin too. This way you will have all skin types represented, and your listeners will be able to see L'Bri products benefiting them also.

Step 3 - Explain Why You Became a L'Bri Consultant

It may have been that you were looking to stay at home with your children, or earn extra income to pay for an exciting vacation. Be sure to put emotions into your reasons why you became a Consultant.

Tell your audience about some of the different reasons that people have joined L'Bri.

Plant a seed about dream vacations, new carpeting, paying off monthly bills, save for retirement and more. There are many things you can say here, just remember to focus on the BENEFITS of the program more than the features:

  • earning extra income
  • lbri
  • being your own boss
  • not having to wake up early if you don't want to
  • getting out of the house
  • work your business around your life

Step 4 - Invite your Guests to Look at the L'Bri Opportunity for Themselves.

Invite your guests to watch you as you do the show, because it may be something they could see themselves doing alongside of other committments in their lives. Not only is L'Bri fun, but it can and will work around current obligations.


Example of an "I Story"

"I want to share with all of you how and why I got started with L'Bri, I am so excited about this fabulous opportunity. I was introduced to L'Bri thru a friend of mine who had a L'Bri Show in Wisconsin. I was sent an invitation to her consultants site and checked it out.

I was very intrigued by the claims on the L'Bri site, so I decided to order because I couldn't find anything to help my flakey dry skin yet. I was pleasantly suprised after using the product only once, my skin felt different. After only 4 days I was amazed and excited at how soft, smooth and flakeless my skin was. I even have pictures to show the difference. My stepson had a severe acne problem and his skin is now completely clear.

I decided to become a L'Bri Consultant because I fell in love with the products, and I was impressed with the quality of ingredients L'Bri uses in their product. I also knew that I could work L'Bri around my life and other responsibilities.

Since joining L'Bri I have so much fun and meet many new people. The extra-income I make has allowed me to continue the remodel of my house which was stagnating due to lack of funds.

Many consultants work L'Bri around their full-time jobs and children. Whatever your life is like, I want to invite all of you to take a look at this incredible opportunity. I will be talking with each of you tonight and giving you more information about L'Bri.

How many of you could use an extra $500 - $1000 a month? (raise your hands) How many of you would enjoy extra income for new furniture, new artwork, or new carpeting? How about eliminating that one monthly bill that you just hate to pay each month? How many of you would love to just get out of the house once or twice a week or be able to pay for a fantastic family vacation?

I am so grateful that my sponsor shared this opportunity with me! I love my job, and now I get to share this opportunity with others! I will be sharing this opportunity brochure with all of you after the Show tonight. I look forward to talking with each of you about how being a L'Bri Consultant can enhance your life, just as it has mine and hundreds of other women like you in L'Bri."


If you need any pointers to writing your "I Story" please don't hesitate to contact me.